Both Were Students at Thomas Jefferson High School
Carlos Quintanilla outgoing President of Accion America and Candidate for Congress in the 33rd Congressional District has called for a renewed Public Education Campaign On Cheese Heroin. His call is in response to the recent deaths of two teenagers ages 14 and 17 within the last week, both students at Thomas Jefferson High School.
Quintanilla who has been canvassing the area from Walnut Hill to Northwest Highway and Marsh on the west and up to Interstate 35 east, says the number of young teenagers addicted and using Cheese Heroin is again at epidemic proportions with at least 100 addicted youths within this area. We cannot blame the school system, students or those teaching our Children, we must hold our community accountable for not having the necessary information to prevent this tragic situation.
Mr. Quintanilla has been in contact with TJ Principal Edward Congers and Mayor Mike Rawlings about this issue and both are on board to help launch this major community education campaign. We need you again members of the media to Save our Children.
Quintanilla is calling for:
1. Public information outreach to parents whose Children are entering the second wave of potential Cheese Heroin addiction, targeting again Thomas Jefferson High School and its feeder pattern schools.
2. Re establishment of the “Cheese Heroin Task Force” with specific emphasis on Children becoming addicted and re shifting priorities to saving the lives of those addicted and already introduced to Cheese Heroin versus the Let’s Highlight those who are doing well.
3. Allocation of funding for summer youth recreation programs.
4. State funding for Adolescent treatment of Cheese Heroin addiction including access to suboxen
5. Increase police presence and Eye Spy Neighborhood Watch Program.
A Press Conference will be held Friday at 4pm in front of Thomas Jefferson High School. Members of the community, leaders and others have been invited to join the Public Awareness Effort. “Saving Our Children, Again”. Family members of the two youth that died and family members whose Children are currently seeking treatment have been invited to attend today’s 4pm Press Conference.